Curbside Working Group
The Curbside Working Group is an established Board appointed committee established in 2015. The objectives of the Curbside Collection Working Group are to:
Examine the existing Curbside Garbage and Recycling Collection Program to:
- Evaluate effectiveness and efficiency of the existing residential curbside garbage and recycling collection program to identify aspects of the program with potential for improvement
- Investigate lessons learned from other jurisdictions and input from subject matter experts to mitigate issues identified with the curbside garbage and recycling collection program and the Rates and Regulation Bylaw No. 640, 2014 such as:
- Time constraints for putting collection materials out at the â€˜curbâ€™
- Requirement for putting bags in cans vs using bags only for recycling
- Possible options or provision for fixed or low income residents
Review the proposed Curbside Organics Collection Program to:
- Identify potential barriers to the curbside organics collection program and review lessons learned from other jurisdictions and input from subject matter experts to mitigate potential barriers prior to implementation.
- Review examples from other jurisdictions and identify preferred methods for providing program information to residents such as workshops, brochures, and posters, and other options.