Project Eco-Prise/Landfill Diversion Credits
This funding program is designed to support local initiatives that reduce or divert materials from landfill in an environmentally acceptable manner. Eligible recycling collection or depot services for residents and businesses will be paid up to $40/tonne for materials not covered under an industry stewardship program. Diversion credits are also available for commercial scale composting programs.
Education programs that focus on Reducing, Reusing, and Recycling are also eligible for funding under this project.
Your project is eligible if:
- It benefits communities within the RDKS (Regional District of Kitimat-Stikine - Moricetown west to Terrace, Kitimat north to Dease Lake)
- It directly diverts materials going to landfills within the RDKS that are NOT covered under the BC Recycling Regulation (EPR programs)
- It teaches people how to reduce, reuse, recycle and/or compost
- All business structures are eligible - co-operatives, non-profits, for-profits, individuals. Government agencies are not eligible.
Download the Applicant's Kit in the Documents section and review eligibility guidelines and application forms. Choose to either print, fill out and mail in your forms or use the on-line application forms below.
- Greener Printing Guidelines: For tips on how to use design and paper to reduce the environmental impact of your printing project
- Invoice Template- Invoices are required for you to receive your funding. Please use this form.
- Project - Final Summary Report Template: All applicants must submit a final report and can submit invoices for up to 75% of costs incurred throughout the project. Full payment will be made pending receipt and approval of final reporting. Use this form.
p: 250-615-6100 e: email@example.com