Apply for a Farm Building Survey Certificate Exemption

* Required Field

I/We certify that:

  • The land associated with this application is classed as “farm” under the BC Assessment Act.
  • The structure does not contain a residential occupancy.
  • The structure is intended to be used exclusively for the housing of farm equipment, livestock, poultry or the growing of agricultural crops and/or the storage of fodder, feeds and fertilizers.
*By checking this box, printing my name and date, and submitting this form, I confirm that the information provided on this document is accurate and complete.

*** All construction forming part of the above submission must be completed within One (1) calendar year from the date of approval ***

Notice of Collection of Personal Information:

The information collected on this form will be used to process the application and for the purposes of administration and enforcement. The personal information is collected under the authority of the Local Government Act and the bylaws of the Regional District of Kitimat-Stikine. Information submitted may be made available for public inspection pursuant to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Contact the Regional District of Kitimat-Stikine’s Freedom of Information Officer if you have any questions regarding the use of this information.

Regional District of Kitimat-Stikine Application for Farm Building Survey Certificate Exemption

Under the Regional District of Kitimat-Stikine Development and Notification Procedures Bylaw No. 613, 2012 ancillary buildings constructed on property holding “Farm Class” status under the Assessment Act are exempt from requiring a Surveyor’s certificate as required under Schedule A1 of the Bylaw.

Only buildings designed for farm and agricultural storage or use are exempted under this application. Any building exempted under this application may not be used for human occupancy and though the construction is exempt of the requirement of a Surveyor’s Certificate, all setbacks, zoning and land use regulations still apply.

Only properties identified as having Farm Class Status under the Assessment Act may make application for a Building Survey Certificate Exemption.

Security Measure